Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What Matthew Ate Wednesday Jan. 18, 2012

Best Blogger Tips
I hope your week is going well!

My family has been going to the YMCA again.  We have a great facility in our city.  It is clean, the staff is friendly, and the machines are state-of-the-art.  I love it because I can drop both of my boys off at child watch and workout!

Going to the Y in the mornings also helps us maintain a routine.  We get up, have a quick breakfast, and load up to go to the Y.  After we get home, I can usually get Matthew to eat something.  Some days, he can't be pulled away from his Legos or PBS kids to eat.

Though my husband and I eat meat a few times a week, four year-old Matthew is a vegetarian.

 Matthew started his day with Oatmeal Waffles I pulled out of the freezer
and reheated in the toaster.
He doesn't eat syrup with them, only a little butter.
He also drank a glass of almond milk.
He uses a real glass now, which is a really big deal.

 For lunch, he had a bowl of unsweetened applesauce,
a glass of almond milk, and two pieces of oatmeal bread toast.
I made the bread from scratch using a recipe
He likes to dip his toast in his applesauce.

For supper, Matthew ate cottage cheese, a slice of oatmeal bread with butter,
and broccoli, yellow carrot sticks, and sugar snap peas.

After doing What Matthew Ate Wednesdays for the past month, I realize how BORING his diet is.  He doesn't complain and eats the same things over and over, but I feel bad as a mommy.  I talked to him today about the fruit and veggie chart I found over at Peas and Crayons.  I'm printing it out for him in the hopes he will be inspired to try new foods (and I will remember to buy them)!



You can print this chart at foodchamps.org.

How do you get your child to try more fruits and veggies?








Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...