Friday, January 20, 2012

RECIPE: Peach Raspberry Smoothie

Best Blogger Tips
 
[Print this Recipe]

 
Several years ago, I started couponing and price-matching at Walmart to buy groceries.  I was in awe of how much money I was saving!

 
Then, I started looking at the ingredients in food.

 
I may have been "saving" money, but I was poisoning my family with additives, preservatives, and artificial ingredients.

 
I began only buying "real" food.

 
It costs so much more to buy fresh food. 

 
In order to save some money without losing much nutrition, I started using canned fruit in fruit juice as a base for some of my smoothies. This is one of my favorites.

The peaches in juice add sweetness to the tart raspberries with no added sugar.  The result is a refreshing smoothie that is full of antioxidants.

This recipe makes one large serving at 350 calories.



PEACH RASPBERRY SMOOTHIE

Ingredients:

*1 15 oz. can peaches in juice
*1 c. almond milk
*1 c. frozen raspberries

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

How do you save money on your grocery bill?

This week, I am sharing some of my favorite smoothie and protein shake recipes.

Come back next week for satisfying salad ideas!

  

 

 
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...