Friday, January 6, 2012

FOLLOW FRIDAY: Food Politics and more Jan. 6, 2011.

Best Blogger Tips I have had a tough time posting this week.  My 5 month-old son has been fussy and he won't sleep anywhere other than on my lap.  If I move slightly, his eyes pop open.

This morning, I found the reason why--He has two tiny teeth sprouting up!

Today is Follow Friday.  I focused this week on fructose in the American diet, so I thought I would share blogs with you who advocate and educate about our food supply.

The Blog of Bruce Bradley Bruce worked for over fifteen years as a food marketer at companies like General Mills, Pillsbury, and Nabisco.  I enjoy his posts about food marketing, adulteration of our food supply, and food lobbying.  I also am looking forward to reading his novel about the food industry called Fat Profits scheduled for release in June 2012.

Appetite for Profit Michele Simon is a public health lawyer who has been researching and writing about the food industry and food politics since 1996. A frequent reporter on the food industry, she is the author of Appetite for Profit: How the Food Industry Undermines Our Health and How to Fight Back.  I never miss her posts about food corporations and Capitol Hill.

The Livable Future Blog The goal of the Center for a Livable Future is "To increase the body of knowledge about the interconnections among diet, food production, human health and the natural environment in order to influence public policy toward more equitable and sustainable systems." 
In this blog, you will find the cumulative knowledge and research regarding our food supply, health, and the government.







Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...