Tuesday, January 17, 2012

RECIPE: Coconut Pineapple Smoothie

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

It has been a horrible winter here in Central Nebraska. 

I'm sure some people are loving it.  The temperatures have been in the 40s, 50s, and the high hit 60 for a few days.  We have had very little snow.

I hate it.  Blame it on my Scandinavian ancestry, but I want snow and cold weather.

For those of you craving summer, here is a smoothie that will remind you of the tropics.  Made with pineapple and coconut, its refreshing taste is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. 

To make it, I used a combination of pineapple juice, pineapple chunks, coconut milk and shredded coconut.  Because of the healthy oils in the coconut, it takes quite a bit of blending to reach the right texture.  You can add a scoop or two of soy protein powder for added protein.

The recipe makes two servings at 215 calories per serving.


[Print this Recipe]

COCONUT PINEAPPLE SMOOTHIE

Ingredients:

*1 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks in juice
*1/2 c. Silk coconut milk
*2 Tb. flake coconut

Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Are you sick of the cold or do you like cold weather like me?

This week, I am sharing some of my favorite smoothie and protein shake recipes.

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...