Sunday, January 22, 2012

RECIPE: Spinach Salad with Chickpeas and Mushrooms

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

My son's favorite restaurant is Valentino's buffet.  He usually chooses smiley fries, pizza, pasta, cheese biscuits, and soft serve ice cream for dessert.

I like the pasta and pizza too, but they are not my favorite thing to eat there. 

I always make myself a spinach salad at the salad bar.  I add chickpeas (garbanzo beans), sliced mushrooms, black olives, croutons, feta cheese, and a little ranch dressing. 

Spinach is packed with vitamins A and C and folate.  The olives add healthy fat and the chickpeas give fiber and protein.



[Print this Recipe]

SPINACH SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS AND MUSHROOMS

Ingredients:

*White sliced mushrooms
*1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
*1 small can sliced olives
*Small container feta cheese
*1-2 Tb. high quality ranch dressing
*Croutons

Directions:

1.  Assemble all ingredients in desired amounts.  Serve immediately.

What restaurant do you think has the best salad bar?
 
This week, I will share with you six satisfying salads using Chinese Cabbage, romaine lettuce, mixed greens, spinach, and even iceberg lettuce. With dried fruit, nuts, olives, beans, and a sprinkle of cheese, each can be eaten as a meal or to accompany a main course.

  • Monday: Check-in for Asian Salad made with Chinese cabbage and Mandarin oranges.
  • Tuesday: I will make Southwest Salad using romaine lettuce, spicy ranch, shredded cheese, and salsa.
  • What Matthew Ate Wednesday: See what my four year-old son is eating! I also will share Mixed Berry Salad with feta cheese and raspberry vinaigrette.
  • Thursday: I will share Classic Romaine Salad with shredded Parmesan cheese, grape tomatoes, and black olives.
  • Friday: I will show you Haystacks, the only salad my four year-old eats. We make it with corn chips, chili beans, and guacamole.
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...