Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What Matthew Ate Wednesday: Dec. 14, 2011

Best Blogger Tips

Since so many people are curious what my vegetarian 4 year-old eats, I decided to share his food-for-a-day again.

For breakfast, he ate green eggs and toast with almond milk.
I make green eggs by putting eggs in my Vitamix with fresh spinach.
The spinach doesn't have any taste, 
but my son knows that is what makes the eggs green.
He likes his eggs this way. 
For lunch, Matthew had unsweetened applesauce, almond milk, and pretzels.
Matthew loves unsweetened applesauce and eats it almost every day.

We all ate grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup for supper.
The tomato soup was condensed from a can.
I mixed up some Garlic-Cheese No-Knead Bread today 
for the sandwiches and used smoked provolone cheese.
He actually ate 3 sandwich halves.
(I took that photo with a crying baby in my arms.)

After supper, Matthew had one of Grandma Eva's Oatmeal Cookies
(I will post the recipe this Thursday.)

He also had one of the Raspberry Thumbprints
I made for next week's posts.

Matthew ate a lot today.  Some days he feels like eating.  Some days he is just "too busy" to eat very much.  As you may have read before, he is a very healthy boy and I don't worry about how much he eats.

I have been trying to eat less since I am indulging on some of the cookies I baked.  I give most of them away, but I want to enjoy them, too.  It must be working, because have lost another pound this week!
Are you baking for Christmas?  How are you balancing your diet with all the sweets around?



Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...