I used to make these all the time for my (then) two year-old son. He wouldn't eat greens but after reading the Dr. Suess book to him, he thought these were great!
(The eggs I buy are from a family friend who cares for his chickens humanely.)
|Local farm fresh eggs, spinach, and house seasoning|
|Green scrambled eggs with Ezekiel bread toast|
*2 eggs (preferably organic, locally raised) or 3 egg whites
*Handful of fresh spinach
*House seasoning to taste
1. Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a Vita-Mix Vita Prep 3 or other high speed blender.
2. Use non-stick spray or cooking oil to coat the bottom of a small skillet. Cook at medium-low heat until done.
1. Top the eggs with cheese or soy cheese
2. Use for the base of a yummy vegetable omelet by topping with your favorite veggies!
3. Try making these using egg substitutes. Let me know how they turned out and I will add them to the "Variations" on this post!
Tips:1. The higher heat eggs are cooked at, the more chewy they become. For fluffy eggs, cook at medium-low.
1. Did you like these?
2. If you don't eat eggs, why not?
3. What other sneaky ways do you get your kids/family to eat healthy?