Sunday, December 11, 2011

12 Cookies of Christmas

Best Blogger Tips


This is the view off my front porch this week.

As soon as the first heavy snow fell to the ground outside our house, I started baking. 
To me, it was finally Christmas season.

For as long as I can remember, my mom and I have made Christmas cookies together.  For me, the urge to bake during snowy days is instinctual. 

Of course, I enjoy the chewy, sugary taste of cookies.  I savor the aroma of cookies baking in the oven.  I even get excited about the aesthetics of cookies, either packaged up in a cellophane or carefully arranged on a favorite plate.

But the best part isn't the cookies themselves; it's giving them away.

Cookies are perfect to share with others.  Their size and texture makes them easy to package.  Fresh cookies smell, taste, and look irresistible.  Few people get from-scratch cookies the rest of the year, so they are almost universally loved.  I ship them to my Uncle Glen in Illinois.  I save some for my Uncle Mark, the truck driver.  I dole them out to the 20 year-old young men we have mentored.  My husband shares them with customers and his co-workers.

The cookies aren't healthy, but the spirit of giving is.

Over the next few weeks, I will be sharing my 12 favorite cookie recipes with you.  Some are baked with the memories of loved ones; others are recipes I have made my own.

Here are the cookies you can look forward to seeing from now until Christmas.


Mom's Sugar Cookies

10. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
11. Stone Jar Cookies
12. Monster Cookies
Bake a batch up to give to those you love!
Will you share Christmas cookies this year?

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...