Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Cookie #12: Monster Cookies

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

I am sorry, but I am so done with cookies. 

I didn't mind baking all of the cookies, but writing the posts and recipes...UGH.  I feel like all my creativity is tapped! 

Thank goodness we move on to dips and party foods next Sunday.

Today, I bring you the final cookie in my 12 Cookies of Christmas series.

Out of all the cookies I have made in the past few weeks, Monster Cookies are my four year-old's favorite.  I don't know if it is because of the chocolate chips, M&Ms, or peanut butter in the recipe; he might just like them because they are called "Monster Cookies."

Many people who lived in my small town have a Monster Cookie recipe.  I'm not sure why they are called Monster Cookies, but it could be because of the size of the recipe.  It originally calls for 4 times more of eatch ingredient. I minimized the recipe, making it more manageable to make in a mixing bowl.

 I mixed butter and sugars in my Kitchen Aid first.
Then, I added eggs and vanilla.

 Then, I added peanut butter.
I used to make my own peanut butter in my Vitamix,
so I have to buy the natural kind.
PB with hydrogenated fats is pretty nasty to me.

 After I mixed the peanut butter in, I added eggs.

 Then, I incorporated the oatmeal and baking soda.

 Finally, I added chocolate chips and M&Ms.

 I used my cookie scoop to drop the cookies

[Print this Recipe]

MONSTER COOKIES

Ingredients:

*1 c. brown sugar
*1/2. c. white sugar
*1/2 c. butter
*1 1/2 c. peanut butter
*3 eggs
*2 tsp. baking soda
*4 1/4 c. quick oats
*1/2 c. M&Ms
*1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350F.  Cream together sugars and butter in large mixing bowl.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
2.  Incorporate baking soda and oats.  Combine M&Ms and chocolate chips. 
3.  Drop cookies by the tablespoonful on to large baking sheet.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Does your hometown have a signature recipe?
Have a Merry Christmas!  God Jul!


Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...