Tuesday, December 20, 2011

What Matthew Ate Wednesday: Dec. 21, 2011

Best Blogger Tips
Whew!  Have you been as busy as me this week?  I can tell Christmas is coming soon!

Over the past two weeks, I baked 12 different kinds of cookies, all of our family favorites.  I think it was about 50 dozen cookies.  I had lots of fun sharing them with friends and family!

I've posted 9 of the recipes.  I will post the remaining three recipes for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, Stone Jar Cookies, and Monster Cookies for you later this week.  You can find all of the cookies here.

Matthew went to my mom's house today while I braved Wal-Mart and JCPenney's.  I think I have all of my Christmas shopping done now.  Baby Benjamin did pretty well, staying happy for almost two hours in the baby carrier until we reached the checkout line!

I also began baking bread to give to my neighbors and friends.  Today, I made four loaves of Garlic-Cheese No-Knead Bread to share with my son's preschool teachers.  I love to bake cookies, but gifting homemade bread seems to be a great idea when so many people already get cookies and candy.

Next week, I am going to share appetizers and bite-size snack foods in preparation for all those New Year's parties.

On Sunday, I will give you the chance to link up your favorite party food recipe!

Also going on here at The Way...
  • I added CommentLuv to the comment section, allowing you to show off your latest blog post with a link embedded if you add your URL.
  • I am in the process of adding printable recipe cards for my older posts.  They are currently available for all new recipes. 

Here is what Matthew, my four year-old vegetarian, son ate today.

 For breakfast, Matthew ate oatmeal with almond milk,
brown sugar, and dried cranberries.

 At lunchtime, my mom fixed him "smashed" beans
and salsa with tortilla chips.

 About 5:30pm, he suggested that he eat
(unsweetened) applesauce and almond milk.
He usually has a snack earlier,
but he had Kindermusik today.

He also ate the rest of the box of dried cranberries
leftover from breakfast and another box of cranberries.
Matthew likes these little boxes because he can get them
on his own and they are "his size."

For supper, he ate two quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas
and green beans.

If you have children, do you buy them single-serving size snacks?
  • Later today, I will post my White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie recipe!
Thank you for your comment.  I love to hear what you have to say!
 


Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...