Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Cookie #7: Raspberry Thumbprints

Best Blogger Tips

I can't believe I'm already halfway through my 12 Cookies of Christmas series.  I have baked close to 25 dozen cookies in the last week!

Today's recipe is for Raspberry Thumbprints.  I love raspberries' strong tart flavor.  I use frozen raspberries to make sorbet.  When we go to a coffee shop, I always order raspberry cappuccino.  When I was a teenager, I would drink a cup of raspberry hot cocoa every night.

I picked up this recipe the same time I found Land O Lakes Peppermint Meltaways.  The sweet almond flavor contrasts with the tart raspberry jam.  The crisp shortbread melts in your mouth.  These dainty cookies are great for a Christmas tea or to package and give as a gift.

First, I combined butter, sugar, and almond extract in my Kitchen Aid.
Afterward, I added flour and mixed it...
until I had a rich dough.
I used my cookie scoop to spoon out the dough before I rolled it into balls
and pressed it down with my middle finger.
Then, I took a 1/4 tsp. measuring spoon to drop raspberry jam
in the center of the cookies.
I baked the cookies at 350F for 15 minutes.
After the cookies cooled, I used a parchment triangle
to ice thicker frosting on the top of the cookies.
I'm not good at "drizzling."
Darling and delicious cookies!

As I mentioned above, this is a recipe from Land O Lakes.
You can find the Raspberry Thumbprint recipe here.

Do you have a cookie recipe that calls for jam?  What is it?
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...