Tuesday, August 31, 2010

RECIPE: Green Lemonade Smoothie

Best Blogger Tips I have been wanting to post this recipe for quite a while.  I started making it after I read The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose.  In her book, she describes green lemonade as something you just can't have enough of.  I agree.  After my first green lemonade smoothie, I began drinking one nearly every day.

It isn't too sweet or too tart or too "green."  It is refreshing and easy to digest.  I hope you enjoy it!

Green Lemonade Smoothie
GREEN LEMONADE SMOOTHIE
(based off Natalia Rose's green lemonade)

Ingredients:
1 lemon, peeled
1 quartered apple, stem removed (a sweet variety is best, like Honeycrisp or Fuji)
1/2 bag of fresh spinach
1 stalk celery, cut into finger-length pieces
2 cups water

Directions:
Blend all ingredients at high speed.

Tips:  
1.  Using a high-speed professional blender like a Vita Mix gives the smoothest texture.
2.  Putting the easiest ingredients to blend in first (lemon and spinach) with the firmest ingredients last (celery and apple) will help blend ingredients faster and may eliminate the need for a tamper

Variations:
1.  When I'm out of apples, I have used 1-2 cups of unsweetened applesauce or pear sauce.
2.  Use other greens in exchange for the spinach.

What did you think?  Did you like it?  Pin It Best Blogger Tips

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I ususally do a lemonade green juice and just recently I was thinking about switching things up. This would be perfect! Adding some texture and not eliminating some of those much needed fibers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fiber is the exact reason why I prefer smoothies to juices. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elle! My lil one loved it too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...