|Creamy Avocado Spinach Dip|
Ingredients:1 medium ripe avocado (peel and seed removed)
2 cups fresh spinach, packed lightly
1 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 clove garlic (papery skin removed)
Directions:1. Combine all ingredients until thoroughly blended in a food processor or in a Vitamix or another high speed blender with a tamper.
2. Serve immediately with fresh cut veggies or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Variations:1. Lemon juice may be used in exchange for the lime juice.
2. Reconstituted lemon or lime juice can be used.
3. 1 tsp. powdered garlic may be used in exchange for the clove of garlic.
4. Try this recipe with your favorite leafy greens instead of spinach.
Tips:1. Here are great illustrated instructions about how to remove an avocado from its peel.
2. Veggies sliced or cut into interesting shapes make great presentations. Here is a great slideshow that I found with tips about how to cut veggies.
Did you like it? What did you serve it with?