Sometimes after dinner I get a severe craving for sugar. I need something sweet! These truffles do just the trick, plus they are good for you! I've noticed that I usually don't overeat them since they are filling.
FRUIT AND NUT TRUFFLES
|Fruit and Nut Truffles. Delicious!|
1/2 c. dates, chopped
1/4 c. shredded young coconut
1/4 c. dried cranberries
1/4 c. raisins
1/4 c. pecans, chopped
1/4 c. raw almonds
1/4 c. and 1/4 c. golden flax seed, separated
1. Blend all ingredients and 1/4 c. of golden flax seed thoroughly in a high speed blender, like a Vita Mix with a tamper. Use tamper to press down mixture as it blends.
2. Roll into bite size balls and press into remaining 1/4 c. of flax seeds.
1. Stop blender as soon as all ingredients are thoroughly blended. Processing too long may heat mixture.
2. Using a small cookie scoop will ensure uniform portions and impress guests!
3. Check the labels of the dried fruits since many included chemical additives or sugars.
1. Use other dried fruits or nuts to come up with your own favorite recipe!
2. Truffles may be flattened to make raw "cookies."
3. Running this recipe through a food processor instead of a high speed blender will make a great "raw" cereal to enjoy with nut milk.