Monday, August 9, 2010

RECIPE: Chopped Veggie Caesar Slaw (Raw Vegan, Gluten-free)

Best Blogger Tips
I'm blessed that most churches in my denomination have a vegetarian potluck dinner each week.  I love to try new vegetarian/vegan/raw food recipes and share them with my church family.  Since my fridge is overrun with veggies from the garden and the store, I worked to include as many as them as I thought would taste good!
 
CHOPPED VEGGIE CAESAR SLAW

2 green onions
2 ears of sweet corn
1 cup fresh green beans
1 carrot
1 medium zucchini
1 cup fresh broccoli
2 cloves of garlic

Salad Directions:
1.  Run carrots and zucchini through a food processor with a shredder attachment or use a box grater.  Place in a large bowl.
2.  Run green beans, celery, garlic, broccoli, and green onions through a food processor on a medium high speed.  Stop when chopped.  Don't puree the veggies!  Veggies may also be chopped with a sharp knife.  Add to shredded vegetables.
3.  Slice corn kernels off of cobs with a sharp knife.  Add to vegetables.
4.  Cover with Caesar dressing (below) and mix thoroughly.


Caesar Dressing Ingredients (from Natalia Rose's The Raw Food Detox Diet
1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 medium stalks celery, cut into thirds
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup Nama Shoyu soy sauce
2 Tb. sweet white miso
5 organic unsulfured dates
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Dressing Directions: 
1.  Blend all of the ingredients in blender.


Tips:
1.  Here's video of how to remove kernels off of the cob without making a mess!
2.  For the green onion, I used the green tops of white onions I have growing in my garden.

Variations:
1.  Experiment with using different chopped and shredded veggies.
2.  Use your favorite raw dressing recipe or whatever commercial dressing you choose.

Did you like it?  What did you change when you made it?Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...