When I made them this time, I only had two peppers.
I always core the center of the peppers first.
Then, I sliced them into strips.
Onions never made me cry until I stopped wearing contacts
and started wearing glasses.
The aroma from the steaming peppers and onions
fills up the entire kitchen!
- 3 bell peppers, sliced in strips (1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green are best)
- 1/2 large onion, sliced in strips
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 3 Tb. lemon juice
- 1 Tb. oil or non-stick spray
- 8 soft taco size flour tortillas
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar or colby jack dairy or soy cheese
- 1 chopped tomato
- homemade salsa and guacamole (optional)
1. Heat large oiled skillet to medium temperature and add peppers and onions. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper, cumin, and lemon juice. If peppers and onions begin to stick, add 1/4 c. of water. Cook until peppers and onions have softened.
2. Serve immediately with tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, and guacamole.
Powered by Recipage