Friday, November 19, 2010

RECIPE: Elle's Cream Cheese Patties (Vegetarian)

Best Blogger Tips
I'm all out of farm eggs! : (



All the ingredients in my Kitchen-Aid

My three year-old and I are the only ones in our house who are mostly vegan.  Sometimes it is really difficult since I am also the one who makes all the meals.  Thankfully, my family will eat several meatless meals a week.  This is one of their favorite recipes.



ELLE'S CREAM CHEESE PATTIES 

Ingredients:
 
*8 oz. room-temperature Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat cream cheese)
*1 sleeve saltine crackers, well-crushed
*3 eggs
*1/4 c. minced onion
*1 clove minced garlic
Oil for frying



 


Creamy patty mixture.

Directions:

1. Combine first five ingredients and mix by hand or like I do with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat and add oil to coat bottom of pan.  Drop mixture by the tablespoonful  (or larger) into oil.  Mixture will be wet.
3.  After one side begins to brown, flip and press lightly with turner, flattening each spoonful into a patty.
4.  Remove from pan after both sides are golden brown. 

Yields 8-10 Patties
 

Variations:

1. Add other herbs, depending on taste.
2. Add 1/4 cup chopped nuts.

Frying in the skillet

Tips:

1.  I ground the crackers on a medium setting in my Vitamix Vita Prep 3.
2.  I use an ice cream scoop for uniform size patties.
3.  Heat the pan until hot, then heat the oil until hot before adding mixture.  It helps keep the patties from sticking.
All done!
Have you tried these?  What did you think?  

Did you add or omit anything?  If you share your variation in a comment, I will add it and credit you in the recipe!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...