A week later, I could feel the enamel wearing off of my teeth and the extra acid in my stomach. The Sweet Tarts and Nerds were gone and so was my resolve to avoid refined sugar. I felt awful and managed to put on a pound or two just from the candy.
- Sugar can raise triglycerides and cholesterol
- Sugar (glucose) feeds cancer tumors
- Sugar makes blood thick and sticky, making it difficult to flow through capilaries
- Sugar increases candida in the body (yeast feeds off of sugar)
- Sugar triggers weight gain
- Sugar causes fatigue and hyperactivity; the rollercoaster effect wears a person out
- Making sure I get enough vegetarian protein, helps me stay full between meals and keeps me from feeling hungry after meals.
- Sugar-fat-salt combinations are the most addictive!
•Evaporated cane juice
•Fruit juice concentrates
•High-fructose corn syrup