Monday, November 8, 2010

RECIPE: Coconut protein shake

Best Blogger Tips Lately I've found that my fruit smoothies aren't satisfying me as much as they used to.  I don't know why, but the changing of the season may have something to do with it. 

I am also getting hungry at night even though I have had enough to eat at supper.  I hate eating at night because it inevitably leads to a restless night sleeping (because my body is trying to rest and digest at the same time), fatigue in the morning (from the restlessness), and a stomach ache (from that food sitting there half of the night) that I call a "food hangover."

Having a protein shake an hour and a half before bedtime really satisfies that hunger.  The slight sweetness of the shake also makes me feel like I'm indulging!



COCONUT PROTEIN SHAKE

Ingredients:

*2 1/2 c. almond milk
*1 scoop soy protein isolate
*1/2 c. coconut


Directions:

1. Blend all ingredients thoroughly in a Vita-Mix Vita Prep 3 or other high speed blender.

Serves 1-3.

Variations:

1. Add more or less coconut, depending on taste.
2. Add 1 tsp. cinnamon or 1 tsp. real vanilla extract

Yum!

Let me know what you think of it.

(Sorry no pictures. I still don't have a camera!)Pin It Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. "food hangover" - I love it! Great description. We eat our dinner generally around 8pm in France, so I don't get too hungry at night. My hungries are usually around 4pm - this sounds like a great snack-shake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! OOH! I love France! It has been way too long since I've been there. I wish that I was raised with as much respect for food and mealtimes as I witnessed in France.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...