The weather has changed here in Central Nebraska and the evenings are crisp. Saturday evenings are for watching football with our family and best enjoyed with soup that has been simmering all day.
This is an easy recipe and it can be incredibly easy, depending on how you make it. First, I wrote the stove top instructions, then I wrote how to prepare this recipe with a Vita Mix Vita Prep 3 and a Crock Pot.
*shredded colby jack cheese or shredded soy cheese
1. Using a medium stock pot, saute onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until soft.
2. Add water, McKays seasoning, tomatoes and chilies, corn, beans, and 1/4 c. of chopped cilantro.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. After ladling into bowls, top with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
1. Add water, McKays seasoning, whole garlic cloves, cilantro, and quartered onion to Vita Mix Vita Prep 3 and mix at medium speed until vegetables are finely chopped. Add to Crock Pot with tomatoes and chilies, corn, and black beans. Simmer on low for 8 hours.
2. After ladling into bowls, top with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.