Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friday Vegetarian Potluck LinkUp & Easy Cheesy Julienne Potatoes (Vegan)

Best Blogger Tips
[Print this Recipe]

Several months ago, I bought four cases of Follow Your Heart vegan cheese.

You read that right: FOUR CASES.

So, I have been trying to use the cheese whenever I can.  My husband isn't crazy for it, so usually I give him and my son regular cheese.  I make my own enchiladas, tacos, pizza, etc. with vegan cheese, using it when the guys have real cheese.

Never had I thought of using Follow Your Heart vegan cheese to make cheese sauce.

One of my husband's favorite dishes is julienne potatoes.  I no longer make them since I ditched the prepackaged foods.  I didn't want to make the effort to make a real cheese sauce, plus I knew all of the cholesterol wasn't doing any of us any favors.

After I came up with this cheese sauce, I immediately decided to make cheesy potatoes for my husband.  When I was finished with the sauce, I used thawed, frozen hash browns and mixed them together, then baked them in the oven for 45 min.

They got rave reviews from my husband and son!

Here is what I'm bringing to Friday Vegetarian Potluck:


[Print this Recipe]

EASY CHEESY JULIENNE POTATOES

Ingredients:

*10 oz. pkg. Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar cheese
*10 oz. pkg. Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella cheese
*1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
*1/2 tsp. garlic powder
*1 Tb. dried minced onion
*16 oz. thawed, frozen hash browns

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grate cheese or cut into small pieces.  Combine cheese, almond milk, garlic powder, and onion in medium saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring often until cheese is melted.
3. Lightly coat medium baking dish with non-stick spray. Add potatoes and cheese sauce. Mix thoroughly.
4. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Remove lid or foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until potatoes are bubbly and edges begin to brown.

Do you have a dish that you have cut out of your diet because it isn't healthy?  Have you made a healthier alternative that satisfies you?

In the spirit of a delicious potluck dinner, I’m hosting Friday Vegetarian Potluck. Mix up a batch of your favorite recipe and bring it over for supper. You can bring a main dish, a salad, bread, a dessert, any food you want to share.We do have a few rules for our meal.

1. Your recipe needs to be vegetarian, but it can also be dairy-free, vegan, or gluten-free. Any recipe made without meat will do.

2. Your blog does not have to be about vegetarian food recipes. If you regularly write about gardening, that’s fine. If you usually post recipes with pork and poultry, you are welcome, too.

3. This doesn’t have to be a new recipe post, but I ask that you bring it to the blog only once.

4. Since potlucks are all about sharing, I ask that you post this invite on your blog post. It fits nicely into your html.
TheWay

(For help adding the html code above, click here)




Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...