Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 3: Lazyman Triathlon

Best Blogger Tips

I'm back online!

With the help of Tom Lanham of PC Medic, I have a new hard drive on my computer.  Apparently, 1 out of every 10 hard drives crash within the first few years.  It seems criminal to me that they don't last longer, but oh well.

Tom did a great job, fixing it within a few days.  The repair price was reasonable and he even delivered it back early to my house before I had to pick up my son from Kindergarten.  I highly recommend his services if you are in Central Nebraska. His number is (308) 999-0300.

I'm also now in the middle of week 3 of the YMCA of the Prairie's Lazyman Triathlon. 

Since my new swim cap and goggles came in the mail today, I did my first day in the pool.  I haven't really swam since college, so I had no idea how much swimming I could do in an hour.  After a few laps, everything I learned about swimming at Union College came back to me.  I remembered all of those mornings I would swim before classes, trying to get the PE credits done.  After 45 min. in the pool, I had completed 24 laps and still felt great!

To complete the triathlon, I have 6 weeks (Aug. 8 to Sept. 16) to

1. Swim 2.4 miles (84.5 laps)
The YMCA pool. We have a really nice Y in town!
2. Bike 112 miles
3. Run 26.2 miles

As of today I have:

1. Swam 24 laps
2. Biked 57.3 miles
3. Ran 17.75 miles

In the next 3 1/2 weeks, I need to

1. Swim 60.5 laps
2. Bike 54.7 miles
3. Run 8.45 miles

I really want that T-Shirt!

Have you ever done a triathlon or other exercise challenge?  This is my second.  The first was Hold It For the Holidays a few years ago, when I joined the challenge to not gain weight over Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.  I actually lost weight during the challege!

I'm doing my best to get a Friday Vegetarian Potluck post done this week! Come back and share your favorite recipe and see what others bring!


 
 

Thanks for hosting the link up, Jill!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...