Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WIAW: As I Lay Dying

Best Blogger Tips
Achoo!

Cough-cough-cough!

Moan.

I'm recovering from one of those awful summer colds.  I only get a cold, or any kind of sickness for that matter, about once a year.  Since I get ill so rarely, I feel like I'm dying.

This one seemed pretty bad, though it isn't lasting very long.

It started on Friday night, causing me to take "a sick day" on Saturday (something I don't get as a stay-at-home mom).  My husband was home, so he me sleep until 1:00pm. 

The scratchy throat and congestion made everything taste bland, so I ate the only thing that tasted good.

Here is what I ate:

Yep.  That's all I ate.  Lots  of ramen noodles with cayenne pepper. 

Here is what I should have eaten:




Green Smoothies
Frozen cherry "ice cream" with almond milk

Ezekiel wraps with fresh fruit

And once I started eating these foods
and drinking lots of green tea with lemon
and broth with cayenne pepper,
I started feeling much better.

I'm still not working out this week.  Although the congestion, fatigue, and scratchy throat are gone, I still have gunk in my lungs I'm trying to cough up.

Be sure to come back on Friday for Vegetarian Potluck and link up your favorite recipe.
It can be a main dish, a bread recipe, a salad, a soup, or a dessert.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring!

 
Thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons for hosting!
 
 
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...