Tuesday, July 16, 2013

WIAW: How I've Been Eating After the Sugar Detox

Best Blogger Tips
What I've been eating the past few weeks isn't nearly as interesting as how I've been eating.

I've been doing What I Ate Wednesday off and on for a long time now. Each week, I would force myself to eat normally, how I thought should eat, three meals and a snack at regular intervals. I would pretend this was typical for me, even though it wasn't. 

Sometimes I didn't eat until 4pm. Sometimes I started my day with a bowl of ice cream in the early morning and kept eating refined, fatty starches all day. Other than supper with my family, I rarely ate meals and never at regular intervals. Either I ate everything or nothing at all. I was hungry all the time, fighting the urge to eat.

That all changed about three weeks ago when I detoxed from my sugar addiction. Since then, I eat breakfast, lunch, a snack, and dinner. I don't feel guilty about what I eat. I stay full between meals. I've also lost 5 lbs. without dieting or restricting myself. 


More about my sugar detox in a later post!

Here is what and when I've been eating.
 
 
BREAKFAST 9:00AM
I started mixing things up by having my Green Tea Energy Shake in the morning. 
I was having it in the afternoon for a snack, but I think it was keeping me from sleeping.
Even though I make it with lower caffeine Sencha tea,
it really gets me going without feeling jittery! 

LUNCH
12:00PM
  For lunch, I had my usual breakfast, 

green eggs with two pieces of Ezekiel bread toast.

SNACK 3:00PM
This weekend, I roasted some raw peanuts.
Since they have no maltodextrin, msg, any of the other nasties in roasted peanuts
from the store, they taste so much better!

I had a few handfuls of these for a snack.

SUPPER 6:30PM
One of the blogs I read this week (sorry, I don't remember which),
inspired me to add canned artichokes to our salad we always eat for supper.
I topped it with black olives and Caesar dressing.
We also had vegan cheesy potatoes
made with a bag of O'Brien potatoes and Follow Your Heart vegan cheddar.
And we ate steamed peas.
I finished the meal off with some dates!


Have you ever had a problem eating "properly"?
Are you a sugar addict like me?
Have you ever been inspired by another blogger's post? What was it?

In case you missed it, check out my post 5 fruits in Season in June and July
including how to choose the best fruits and how to store them.
Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...