Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sofa Sleeper

Best Blogger Tips I haven't posted in nearly a month.  I blame my husband.

For the past eight months, my husband has been a sofa sleeper.  Baby Benjamin goes to bed with me and Mike takes the couch.  When the baby wakes, I wake.  When the baby needs fed, I can nurse him  without waking the whole house up.  Most of the time, I don't completely wake up.  Perfect arrangement.
My "sofa sleeper"
Except for one thing: I miss sleeping with my husband.

So, I started working on Benjamin's sleeping habits this month. 

First, I stopped nursing Benjamin to sleep. Now, I'm working on keeping him to sleep more than 20 minutes at a time.  Unfortunately, this requires him sleeping in my arms.

Although things are progressing well with the baby, this has led to one big problem:

no blog posts!

Since Benjamin was born, I have done most of my writing while nursing him to sleep or letting him sleep on my lap. Now that I rock him to sleep and rock him back to sleep when he wakes up, my hands are busy and I can't type.

So, until we get this sleeping thing worked out, I will do my best to get posts done.  They will not be as frequent as they were before, but I will make a better effort at writing when the baby isn't in my arms.

Here's to getting rid of the "sofa sleeper" and getting my husband back in bed with me soon!

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...