Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 1 on Detox

Best Blogger Tips Wow!

I did the first day of the 7 day detox. I'm starting with the 2nd day, actually, since I spend 1 1/2 hrs. working out M-F.

Usually my breakfast is a 2 egg omelet, topped with raw spinach and a sliced roma tomato. I have been adding a piece of fruit, usually a banana. I was convinced that the smoothie wouldn't give me enough energy for my workout. Nonetheless, I made myself a green smoothie:

1 can of pineapple (didn't have any fresh fruit left at home)
handful of fresh spinach
2 roma tomatoes

When I got to the Y, I was already feeling great. I had planned on taking it easy, but since I had so much energy, I really worked it! My goal when I work out is to burn 600 calories. Most of the time I only accomplish 450-550 calories.

TODAY I REACHED 611 CALORIES BURNED!!!

I felt GREAT all day!

I went to the grocery store to buy more fresh fruits/veggies. I picked up frozen cherries, blueberries, and blackberries; and two clearanced spring mix bagged salads, fresh asparagus, bananas (ripe and overripe for smoothies), two red grapefruit, and some tofu. From what I've read, the frozen is just as nutritious as fresh (as long as I don't cook it!). As I mentioned before, I'm going to move my son and my husband up my scale of healthy eating too, so I thought the tofu would be good to have around.

For supper, I had a salad of spring greens, shredded zucchini, fresh minced parsley and sage, spinach, and two diced roma tomatoes. The tomatoes, parsley, and sage are all from my garden, so I know they are organic.

I made my DH and Peanut (our son's nickname) leftover hash browns (organic potatoes), canned peas, and zucchini patties. I don't cook precisely, here a little, there a little, so I'm sorry if the recipe is vague.

Zucchini patties

Shredded zucchini
Half of an onion, shredded
Clove of garlic, minced
Rolled oats (I run it through the food processor first)
1 egg

Add enough flour to make the mixture tacky enough to fry until browned.

Like I wrote before, little steps toward health.

Off to bed now! Sleep is very, very important!Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...