Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Vegetarian Potluck LinkUp & Bruschetta Pasta

Best Blogger Tips
What's new with you?

Last week, despite the daily trips to the hospital checking on my dad, I still managed to complete the Lazyman Triathlon one week early.  I've decided to keep doing the triathlon, alternating between biking, running, and swimming to complete 112 miles biking, 2.2 miles swimming, and 26 miles running every five weeks.

I love having a goal and something to motivate me.  This week, I have taken it a little easy, but I know I pushed hard last week to get it done.

Mixing my running routine up with biking and swimming feels great.  I use different muscle groups and they both give my knees and ankles a rest.

Here is what I'm bringing to potluck:


[Print this Recipe]

BRUSCHETTA PASTA

Ingredients:

*3 1/2 c. sliced roma or plum tomatoes
*2 Tb. balsamic vinegar
*2 Tb. olive oil
*3 cloves minced garlic
*1 Tb. fresh chopped basil or 1 tsp. dried basil
*4 oz.  or 1 c. shredded Daiya vegan mozzarella cheese
*14 oz. GF or WW angel hair pasta

Directions:

1.  Combine tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, and basil.  Refrigerate in airtight container for 2-12 hours.
2.  Prepare pasta as directed on the box. While still hot, drain water and combine with marinated tomatoes.  Add shredded cheese and toss until well incorporated.  Serve warm or cold.

How have you been this week?




In the spirit of a delicious potluck dinner, I’m hosting Friday Vegetarian Potluck. Mix up a batch of your favorite recipe and bring it over for a virtual supper. You can bring a main dish, a salad, bread, a dessert, any food you want to share.We do have a few rules for our meal.

1. Your recipe needs to be vegetarian, but it can also be dairy-free, vegan, or gluten-free. Any recipe made without meat will do.

2. Your blog does not have to be about vegetarian food recipes. If you regularly write about gardening, that’s fine. If you usually post recipes with pork and poultry, you are welcome, too.

3. This doesn’t have to be a new recipe post, but I ask that you bring it to the blog only once.

4. Since potlucks are all about sharing, I ask that you post this invite on your blog post. It fits nicely into your html.
TheWay

(For help adding the html code above, click here)




Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...