Tuesday, July 10, 2012

QUICK TIP: Convenient Dry Beans

Best Blogger Tips
As a person who eats vegan most of the time, I use beans in recipes several times a week. 

Until recently, I always used canned beans.

I knew dry beans were cheaper, but cooking beans was way too complicated for me; soaking and boiling them took more time and patience than I have. 

The turning point for me was when I happened to look at a can of beans and read "high fructose corn syrup" in the ingredients.  Really?  Why do they need to add corn syrup to beans?

Determined to figure out an easy way to make them myself, I discovered how simple it is to prepare them in the crock pot. 


I make a big batch at a time, then put them in sandwich bags.  I lay them flat in the freezer.  Whenever I need beans for a recipe, I take a bag out and thaw it on the counter or I run hot water over the bag, empty the beans into a microwave safe bowl, and microwave them for a minute.

Do you use canned beans or dry beans?

Pin It Best Blogger Tips
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...